EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIESMissoula International School, an International Baccalaureate World School, inspires principled global citizens and lifelong learners through a challenging bilingual education for students in preschool through eighth grade. MIS immerses students in Spanish as a second language beginning at age three.
Communications and Fundraising Assistant
MIS seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with fundraising and communications efforts. This position is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of fundraising and communications for a non-profit while working for a dynamic and successful independent school.
- Assist in writing, publishing and distributing weekly email to school community.
- Assist in designing flyers, e-vites and other marketing material for MIS.
- Update the MIS website when needed.
- Update the school’s social media sites.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for fundraising and communications.
- Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Assist with donor stewardship as assigned, including but not limited to, generating thank you letters, assisting board members with thank you notes, and processing mailings.
- Assist with Event Coordination.
- Assist with donor/foundation research as assigned by Head of School.
- Maintain records in the school’s fundraising database.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and team spirit.
- Relevant prior experience in business, nonprofit management, or communications preferred; others may be considered.
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Must be a detail oriented person.
- Able to work as part of a team, and meet deadlines consistently.
- Must have respect for and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
- Must be an effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with all constituents.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising.
- Must pass a thorough background check.
This is a 0.75-1.0 FTE year round position. Compensation: $15/hour + benefits
To apply please a send cover letter and resume to:
Julie Lennox, Head of School
1100 Harrison St.
Missoula, MT 59802
Missoula International School is seeking substitute teachers for the 2016/2017 academic year. Spanish language fluency is preferred.
If you are interested in substitute teaching at MIS, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No drop-in inquiries please.