Giving to MIS
The themes of generosity and active participation are woven into the MIS culture-in our classrooms, administration, Board of Trustees, and outreach to the community. The generosity of the MIS community is vital to the school’s ability to provide an exceptional educational experience. We offer our donors diverse ways to give.Donate Today
Our Giving Tree Annual Fund
Tuition meets 90% of the school’s needs. The remaining 10% relies on successful annual fund campaigns. Funds raised from Our Giving Tree challenge will translate into technology and learning tools for students, professional development and training for teachers, and support for diversity programs. MIS students are very active partners in growing the tree. The school will give on behalf of each class that achieves 100% participation a gift to a nonprofit selected by that class. In this way, students experience first-hand the importance of giving and the joy of helping others.Donate Today
The Time is Now
MIS Capital Campaign
MIS has outgrown the beloved Prescott School and it no longer provides us with the space and facilities we need to meet our high standards. We have launched an ambitious $7 million capital campaign – The Time is Now-to build a new school and new location in central Missoula.
We are in the process of designing and securing the private contributions and the financing for a school of the future where students today, as well as future generations of Missoula’s youth, can learn and grow into the adults that we want them to be – that the world needs them to be.
MIS owns a 4 acre site where on which we will build our new home. It is centrally located in downtown Missoula.The location has all of the features that MIS stakeholders have identified as critical to a new, health and energetic learning environment. With 4 acres, there is ample space for an innovative educational facility, an athletic and community center to share with the greater Missoula community and abundant green space for outdoor play. There is easy access to biking corridors, trails, parks, bus routes, downtown amenities and the University of Montana. It is also tucked away in an established neighborhood where our students can feel safe and at home.
Julie Lennox talks about The Time is Now Capital Campaign
Missoula International School Endowment
MIS is very excited to announce that we have established an endowment fund at Montana Community Foundation for the permanent benefit of the school! The Missoula International School Endowment can receive from donors qualified contributions that will allow them to take advantage of the Montana Endowment Tax Credit – a direct credit towards the donor’s Montana state tax liability. Individuals can claim up to a $10,000 of the tax credit annually, or $20,000 for couples filing jointly. MIS business owners note: businesses are eligible for up to a $10,000 credit as well.
Donating to the endowment is beneficial for the donor AND the school! A funded, growing endowment will provide the school with financial resources that can support important programs and faculty.
If you have the ability to make a gift of $2,500 or more to help ensure a vibrant future for Missoula International School and could benefit from receiving a direct credit on your Montana taxes, please contact Lisa Robertson, Director of Development.Donate Today