MIS has an active Parent Association that partners with the school administration to build a strong community. The Parent Association offers educational and community building workshops that are open to every family at MIS. All parents of MIS students are members of the Parent Association and are encouraged to attend any or all meetings.
The Parent Association is supportive of MIS in ways that include the following:
- Facilitation of communication between parents, school, and the MIS Board of Trustees.
- Development of a positive and welcoming climate that builds a strong sense of community for all parents.
- Setting goals to assist MIS in meeting its current needs.
- Acting as a liaison between teachers and parents to facilitate the classroom activities of MIS.
- Promotion of MIS through the organized efforts and activities of the parent body.
The Parent Association is led by the PA Council which is comprised of elected officers and volunteer representatives.
|Officers and Representatives|
|Vice President||Melissa Silverman|
|Secretary/Treasurer||Kristen Von Doersten|
|Faculty Rep||Jen Gebo|
|Preschool/Primary Years Parent Rep||Tri Pham|
|Middle School/Specialists Parent Rep||Erik Gibson-Snyder|
|Parent Connection Chair||Missy Miculka|
|New Family Ambassador Co-Chair||Jen Hudson|
|New Family Ambassador Co-Chair||Amanda Milburn|
|Teacher Appreciation Co-Chair||Lori Westenfelder|
|Teacher Appreciation Co-Chair||Jody Jakob|
|Sustainability Chair||Randi Plouffe|
|Spirit Shop||Danielle Sebastian|
|Event Chair||Emily Musco|
|PreSchool 1 (Jenny/Diane)||Megan Morris, Emily Musco|
|PreSchool 2 (Mishel/Ana)||Meaghan Frisbee, Molly Bradford|
|K/1 – John||Keri Allmacher|
|K/1 – Virginia||Marcie Mountan|
|2/3 – Mirim||Mirtha Johnson|
|2/3 – Patty||Lara Dorman|
|4/5 – Carme||Susan Snetsinger|
|4/5 – Ibrahim||Rachael Lunde|
|4/5 – Karim||Emily Musco|
|Middle School||Amber Sherrill|
|Middle School||Emily Musco|
|Middle School||David and Becky Brooks|
|Garage Sale||Kay Grissom Kiely|